Detox Your Life today with colon hydrotherapy !
We are conveniently located in the “Heart of Scottsdale” 70th street & Thomas just West of Scottsdale Road. Plenty of parking is available.
In ancient Egypt, the Pharaoh had a ‘guardian of the anus’ – who administered his enemas!
Enemas are referred to later, in 1500 BC in old Egyptian papyruses; and later still by Herodotus and Diodorus from Greece and even later by the Persians. The 17th century became known as the “age of the enema”. It was an acceptable practice in Parisian society – enemas were regarded as essential for health. During his lifetime, Louis XIV is said to have had thousands of enemas.
19-20th Century Dr. Kellogg reported in the 1917 Journal of American Medicine that in the treatment of gastrointestinal disease in over 40,000 cases, he had used surgery in only twenty cases. The rest were helped as a result of cleansing the bowels, diet and exercise.
External beauty begins through internal cleansing!
Colon Hydrotherapy promotes longevity through the process of detoxification. It makes sense that when your body is clean and healthy on the inside the outside of our body, will look and feel young, healthy and beautiful!
We live in a society that is very health conscience and go to great lengths to look and feel our best, including dieting, exercising and cleansing ourselves. The ultimate accomplishment in life is to stop the aging process. Many a celebrity, including Matt Damon, Usher, Janet Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Paris Hilton, to name a few, has extolled the virtues of being regularly irrigated in this manner. Though it rings a frightening sound, it has been proven to aid in such things as acne, bad breath, bloating, constipation, under eye bags, potbellies, fatigue, depression, obesity and even cancer.
These stars and thousands of other glamorous people around the world understand the degenerative damage which occurs each day as our bodies absorb toxic chemicals from the preservatives and/or additives in the foods and drinks we ingest, from the polluted air we breathe and from the petrol-chemicals found in most cosmetic and cleansing products we put on our skin. As these foreign substances are absorbed into the blood stream, they form toxins within our living cells.
Furthermore, the assimilation of needed nutrients, and ridding the blood, immune system and liver of toxins, becomes difficult if fecal matter is allowed to build up and become stored in the colon walls.
Some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Colon Hydrotherapy:
Why should I be concerned about my colon?
The colon’s main function is the formation and elimination of body waste. We experience health and well-being when the colon is clean and has a normal function. When the colon is sluggish the body wastes accumulate and degrees of constipation results. When the colon becomes constipated, generally it is packed or lined with accumulated, hardened feces lodged in the pockets of the colon walls. This hardened matter then obstructs the muscular contractions, known as peristalsis, and more feces build up along the walls resulting in the colon’s inability to properly evacuate. The waste of many months or even years can actually result in 5, 10 and sometimes more than 15 pounds of weight causing a distended and abnormally shaped colon. The clogged colon then interferes with the final absorption and digestion of food, depriving the body of necessary nutrients. This results in fermentation and putrefaction of undigested food, which creates toxins (poisons). These toxins are reabsorbed into the bloodstream and carried to every part of the body causing that tired and listless feeling; the brain and nervous system can become depressed and irritable; the toxins can create skin problems and pale complexion; and joints can become stiff and painful.
How will colonics benefit the colon?
Colon therapy is not a cure, but it is a valuable procedure and treatment for a variety of different colon conditions.
1. Colonics cleanse and rejuvenate the colon. They help to remove stagnant fecal matter, thus eliminating bacteria, toxins, gas, mucus, parasites, and cellular debris which allows the colon to perform its natural function of absorption and elimination more effectively. Toxic material is broken down so it can no longer harm your body or inhibit assimilation and elimination. Once impacted material is removed your colon can begin to function as it was meant to.
2. Colonics exercise and improve colon muscle tone. The build up of toxic debris weakens the colon and impairs its function. The gentle filling and emptying of the colon facilitates peristaltic movement in the colon, which is so beneficial to the sluggish colon.
3. Colonics reshape the colon. When problem conditions exist in the colon, they tend to alter the shape, which in turn causes more problems. The gentle action of the water moving in and out, coupled with abdominal massage by the colon therapist, helps to move the waste out of the colon. This process enables the colon to resume its natural shape.
4. Colonics stimulate the reflex points on the colon. Every system and organ of the body is connected to the colon by reflex points. A colonic irrigation stimulates these points, thereby affecting the corresponding body points in a beneficial way.
Colonics stimulate the liver, kidneys and Lymph systems assisting them in releasing toxins.
Why do people receive Colon Hydrotherapy?
Athletes use colon therapy to improve metabolic efficiency. Many receive the treatments during a period of life-style change or as a preventive measure. Another group manifests symptoms of intestinal distress;
- Constipation (some from prescription drugs)
- Bloating/discomfort after eating/smelly gas
- Skin conditions such as psoriasis, shingles, and eczema
- Scar tissue and adhesions from surgery.
- Low back pain
- Candida overgrowth
- Removal of toxic material: Bacteria, Heavy Metal, Mucus, Undigested Food Fermented and Putrefaction
- Inability to loose weight
- Some people actually achieve or maintain weight loss with regular Colon hydrotherapy.
- Abnormal body odor
- Coated tongue/unpleasant breath
- Eating disorders
- Pot belly (sagging posture)
- Frequent headaches/poor concentration/memory
- Stiffness in joints
- Loss of energy/fatigue
- Some come in during a fast, a cleansing program, a raw food diet, a liver and/or gallbladder flush, or recovering from an accident.
- Another group is pain motivated; abdominal pain, continuous headaches and migraines, back or shoulder pain, aching joints, gout. Some clients are immune compromised with lupus, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis, cancer, chronic fatigue, candida, infections, colds or influenza.
- Many doctors are using Colon hydrotherapy for pre and post-surgery, barium x-ray and colonoscopy.
- Some are working on emotional issues which they feel are physiologically rooted in their intestines.
- Health care referral
- Knew someone who had colon cancer or other health problems
What will colon hydrotherapy cure?
Colon hydrotherapy is not a cure, it is a tool for improving health. We have worked with thousands of clients and are only in business because colon hydrotherapy delivers tangible positive results. Many of our clients attribute colon irrigation as the tool that helped them heal from cancer or recover from cancer treatments, overcome chronic constipation or simply keep vibrant and healthy. The list is long and varied. These are not claims that we make, rather testimonials we have proudly gathered over the years.
Can Colon Hydrotherapy slow the aging process?
Since blood circulates through every organ in the body and reaches every cell in our body, toxins that the colon cannot expunge will therefore eventually influence the health of every cell throughout the body.
What are the characteristics of a healthy, well-functioning bowel?
If the bowel has sufficient fiber and water it is characteristic for the bowel to move shortly after the meal is eaten. Once the urge to eliminate is honored by a trip to the toilet, the elimination should be easy and take no more than a few seconds. The stool will be long, approx. 1″ in diameter, light brown in color, without an offensive odor and should float or sink very slowly. When the toilet is flushed, the stool immediately begins breaking apart by the action of the water movement.
Colon hydrotherapy is NOT recommended for those with the following conditions:
Severe Cardiac Disease
Carcinoma of the Colon
Recent Colon Surgery (10 weeks)
Properly administered… Colon Hydrotherapy is not addictive. It encourages the restoration of the colon’s natural function by strengthening peristalsis.
Does a colonic hurt?
Colonics are painless. In fact many people report their colon hydrotherapy sessions as being both refreshing and relaxing. However some discomfort may be experience due to constipation, some form of obstruction, excess flatulence (gases) and occasional cramping from the released of fecal matter or toxins.
How many colonic sessions does one need?
The number of colonic sessions desired will depend on the individual needs of the client. Every person’s goals will differ. Just as some people exercise on a daily or weekly basis to tone and tighten their outer body; some people follow an ongoing cleansing, toning and rebuilding regime for the inner body. Many of us have ten or more pounds of impacted feces in our colon. Often the waste is so hard and well lodged in the colon that it may take a series of colonics to sufficiently soften and loosen it. Initially, 3 to 12 sessions are recommended especially if you have never had a complete colon cleanse. The number is affected by how a person responds to the first few sessions. Age, previous dietary and exercise patterns, activities and emotional state are all factors.
Once you have done a complete colon cleanse, the rule of thumb is once every 4-6 weeks, then a series of three every change in seasons. Someone coming in for a regular preventative maintenance would obviously need far fewer sessions than someone with severe gastro-intestinal problems.
Is there any possibility of bacterial or viral contamination from prior use of the colon hydrotherapy machine?
Modern colon hydrotherapy machines utilize pre-sterilized, disposable hoses and speculums. These disposables are used only once during a single therapy session. Properly administered, there is absolutely no danger of contamination.
Does having a menstrual period at the time of a colon hydrotherapy session have any effect on the treatment?
No, in fact it’s usually a good time to receive a treatment, since your body is already cleansing. Your flow will not interfere with the success of the treatment.
Do I need to take acidophilus after a colon cleansing because intestinal flora has been washed out of the colon?
It is recommended to use acidophilus, but not because the treatment washes out intestinal flora. Colon hydrotherapy cleansings do not wash out intestinal flora. Taking acidophilus subsequent to a colon cleansing is beneficial, because it helps to improve the bacterial balance in the colon. The best method is to drink acidophilus for 2 weeks after the final therapy session.
Can I work directly after having colon hydrotherapy?
Certainly. You can work just as you would after a regular bowel movement.
Tell me more about the equipment you use.
We use ToxygenTM equipment from Dotolo Research. This unit affords a safe, dignified approach to bowel cleaning. It is a totally closed system with no offensive odors; the dignity of the patient is maintained. This model features a PATENTED three-stage water filtration system designed specifically to deliver pure water for your hydrotherapy. Of course this results in the cleanest water but goes further to reduce the harmful effects of chlorine, pesticides, herbicides, bacteria and other toxins.
Disposable hoses and speculums are used to prevent any chance for cross contamination. It has self-cleaning capabilities.
Should I see my doctor before my first colon hydrotherapy session?
If you have a concern about your health or the appropriateness of colon hydrotherapy you should consult a doctor. If you were diagnosed with diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, severe hemorrhoids, rectal or intestinal tumors, you would not be a candidate for colon hydrotherapy treatments, unless referred by your physician. Professionally administered colon hydrotherapy is safe, and generally if you are free of the above-sited conditions, a medical examination prior to therapy, should not be necessary.
How should a person prepare before a colonic session?
- Drink plenty of liquids. (Water, Juices ie: Aloe Vera juice, Herbal Teas)
- The days before your appointment eat a variety of fruits (especially apples and fresh coconut milk), vegetables and certain herbs — suggestion: sena tea(smooth move tea),cascara sagrada, or wheat grass, or alfalfa tablets, or aloe vera juice. It helps to dissolve accumulated fecal matter.
- Some exercise is helpful (walking is good).
- Go on a fast for 2 hours prior to your appointment.
- Avoid consumption of refine foods, white flour, sugars and mucous producing foods (dairy products).
- Avoid fried foods, all junk foods and red meats.
- Do not chew gum, eat gassy foods, yeast producing foods, and carbonated beverages. These foods will produce excess gases and may cause discomfort and difficulty evacuating. Some examples of gassy foods are: chewing gum, cabbage, broccoli, sodas, wine, beer, hard liquor, all yeast producing foods (bread, muffins, some starches, etc).
Who performs colon hydrotherapy?
Our professional licensed therapists are committed to set the standard in the field of colon hydrotherapy today. Detox for Life is a modern, state of the art facility. Our client satisfaction is our number one priority.
The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing. Your professional therapist is there to help you be as relaxed and comfortable as possible.
What is the procedure for the colonic session?
In short, it is a relaxing, gentle experience. The highest quality products and sanitary standards are incorporated.
Filtered, temperature-regulated water is introduced into the colon through a disposable speculum. After the waste material of the colon is softened and loosened, it is evacuated through a flexible plastic hose that connects the speculum to the Colon Hydrotherapy device. I use a “closed system”. There is no offensive smell or mess to worry about. The treatment usually lasts 35-45 minutes. Your modesty is protected throughout the process.
What can a person eat after a colonic?
- Drink plenty of liquids. (Water, lemon water, Juices, Herbal Teas)
- Bananas and apples are highly recommended for they have the necessary minerals to replenish the electrolytes you may have lost during the session (sodium, potassium & magnesium). However, when the body is properly nourished with good quality organic foods, the level of electrolyte in the colon is replenished immediately.
- Aloe vera juice
- Fresh coconut milk great for lubricating the colon
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine for the next 2 days.
- Pureed (blended) soups are recommended.
- Fresh “green” vegetable juice; stimulate cells and rejuvenate the body. They also build red blood cells. Green juices are made from sprouts, spinach, celery, and other similar vegetables
- Fresh vegetable juice; helps remove excess fat, protein and acid wastes from the body. Vegetable juices help build the immune system and guard against illness. Vegetable juice is best taken in the afternoon.
- Fresh fruit juices; are cleansers. A favorite of mine is watermelon, which is an excellent cleanser. Apples, citrus fruits and berries are wonderful, too. Fruit juice is best taken in the morning.
- Green salads; eat at least 50% of your food raw everyday for at least five days is best, but chew thoroughly.
- Reduce meat consumption for 3 days especially beef and pork.
- Salmon or any other non-shellfish is great after colon hydrotherapy
- Replace intestinal flora (acid/bifi)
- Digestive enzymes (if needed)
- Essential fatty acids i.e.: flaxseed, fish, even grape seed or olive oil are a great source for lubrication
What is the cost of a colonic session?
1 Session – $95.00
Cancellation policy is as follows: All cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to your appointment . If you must cancel the day of your appointment for any reason, you will be responsible for a $50 cancellation charge on your next visit.
At Detox for Life our goal is for YOU to have the most productive and informative session you can have.
To schedule a colonic, contact Detox for Life directly at 480.949.6570.
Detoxify Your Life Today!
This information is intended for use as an informational source. It is not intended as advice for self diagnosis or prescription of self treatment. Enemas have been used for thousands of years with very few serious consequences. However, both enemas & colonics can be painful or dangerous if used incorrectly or with patients with some conditions. Use professional primary health care provider advice in treating any condition.References:
Lipski, Elizabeth. Digestive Wellness., Keats Publishing, 1996, 2000. Watson, Brenda.Notes from a lecture at an International Association of Colon Hydrotherapy Convention, 1999. Jensen, Bernard, D.C., Tissue Cleansing Through Bowel Management. Bernard Jensen International, 1981. Weil, Andrew. Health and Healing. Houghton Mifflin Company, 1998. Anderson, Dr. C. Thomas, 90 Days to Health, WinWord Publishing, 2003.